NBME vs UWSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookiemonster15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just completed NBME Form 15 this morning and then did UWSA right after to simulate a full day exam.

NBME 15 = 245
UWSA = 242

I thought UWSA overpredicts??

And as a disclaimer, I thought the NBME exam was 10o times more reasonable than the UWSA. I was so pissed because UWorld was throwing questions about topics that I had not gone over anywhere in FA or in their Qbank. That.... and I was super tired after having done 4 hours of questions.

Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you about the UWSAs being unfair compared to the NBMEs. Idk how they overpredict when they seem so much harder to me lmao

After reading through some old threads I think it depends on the timing of those practice exams. Considering I took them on the same day within 1/2 an hour of each other maybe it shouldn't come as a surprise that they are pretty close.

Either way I'm happy with where I am. Now to just stay focused for another week... Can't wait for this to be over!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The NBMEs overestimated my score for both Step 1 and Step 2.
The UWSA was more accurate for both. But that was just me.

haha nice! I think UWSA did overpredict for you b/c since you were tried if you had taken another nbme right after you would have scored lower . For most ppl, they make more errors 4 hrs into the exam. Just a thought