Step I NBME Website service???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

agranulocytosis

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had everything planned out to start up my 2nd NBME in about 30 minutes. I log onto the NBME website and they are performing maintenance from 10pm tonite until 1 PM tomorrow. Have any of you completed exams during these service times and lived to tell the tale? This really sucks cuz I had this planned for about a week and I don't want to lose a full day on my study routine.​
 
I saw that too. I wouldn't do it. You might end up out of money and wasting your time if it cuts out half way on you... I guess they figure we have lives on Friday nights haha...
 
This IS frustrating. I wish I would've seen this post yesterday. I planned on taking one this morning and now I can't. We had planned on traveling out of state when I was done.... I'm not sure how this is all going to work now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At least you were logged out when it happened. I was midway through the test and then all of a sudden I got a internal error message. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get back into my test again or not.

Geez I'm sorry. I ended up biting the bullet and taking the darned thing. I finished about an hour earlier than I expected and tried to keep the breaks to a minimum. It ended up working fine for me, but I guess it was only because they just started working on the site and hadn't got to my test yet. I think I finished around 10:15 pm central time? Oh, and just to be safe, I wrote down all the answers I put so if I had to retake the thing I could just put the answers down I originally had.

I'm sure you can contact the NBME and ask them to either reset the test or refund your money back. $45 a pop isn't chump change for us folks.
 
Geez I'm sorry. I ended up biting the bullet and taking the darned thing. I finished about an hour earlier than I expected and tried to keep the breaks to a minimum. It ended up working fine for me, but I guess it was only because they just started working on the site and hadn't got to my test yet. I think I finished around 10:15 pm central time? Oh, and just to be safe, I wrote down all the answers I put so if I had to retake the thing I could just put the answers down I originally had.

I'm sure you can contact the NBME and ask them to either reset the test or refund your money back. $45 a pop isn't chump change for us folks.

It didn't end up being a big deal. I was able to sign back in at 5:00 (got kicked off at 3:00). My test was there waiting for me and all my answers had been saved. I haven't gotten to finish the test yet though, since we had to go out of state. I'm halfway through and will just have to finish it another day.