NBME Website service???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agranulocytosis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had everything planned out to start up my 2nd NBME in about 30 minutes. I log onto the NBME website and they are performing maintenance from 10pm tonite until 1 PM tomorrow. Have any of you completed exams during these service times and lived to tell the tale? This really sucks cuz I had this planned for about a week and I don't want to lose a full day on my study routine.​

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that too. I wouldn't do it. You might end up out of money and wasting your time if it cuts out half way on you... I guess they figure we have lives on Friday nights haha...

This IS frustrating. I wish I would've seen this post yesterday. I planned on taking one this morning and now I can't. We had planned on traveling out of state when I was done.... I'm not sure how this is all going to work now.

started a test..logged out to take a break..and cant log back in..seems like their servers are down ...sigh..

Members don't see this ad :)
started a test..logged out to take a break..and cant log back in..seems like their servers are down ...sigh..

At least you were logged out when it happened. I was midway through the test and then all of a sudden I got a internal error message. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get back into my test again or not.

At least you were logged out when it happened. I was midway through the test and then all of a sudden I got a internal error message. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get back into my test again or not.

Geez I'm sorry. I ended up biting the bullet and taking the darned thing. I finished about an hour earlier than I expected and tried to keep the breaks to a minimum. It ended up working fine for me, but I guess it was only because they just started working on the site and hadn't got to my test yet. I think I finished around 10:15 pm central time? Oh, and just to be safe, I wrote down all the answers I put so if I had to retake the thing I could just put the answers down I originally had.

I'm sure you can contact the NBME and ask them to either reset the test or refund your money back. $45 a pop isn't chump change for us folks.

Geez I'm sorry. I ended up biting the bullet and taking the darned thing. I finished about an hour earlier than I expected and tried to keep the breaks to a minimum. It ended up working fine for me, but I guess it was only because they just started working on the site and hadn't got to my test yet. I think I finished around 10:15 pm central time? Oh, and just to be safe, I wrote down all the answers I put so if I had to retake the thing I could just put the answers down I originally had.

I'm sure you can contact the NBME and ask them to either reset the test or refund your money back. $45 a pop isn't chump change for us folks.

It didn't end up being a big deal. I was able to sign back in at 5:00 (got kicked off at 3:00). My test was there waiting for me and all my answers had been saved. I haven't gotten to finish the test yet though, since we had to go out of state. I'm halfway through and will just have to finish it another day.