Step I NBME11--> Real Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sunilwes12

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scored a 540 (237) equivalent on NBME 11 and have 6 weeks of studying left. What are my chances of getting a 250-260?
 
haha gosh darn it you caught me 🙁. I was just fursturated about something and it boiled over onto this chat....but that's no excuse so i apologize for my first rude comment.

But what I wrote afterwards are my true sentiments! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya, you can easily get 250 if you have 6 weeks to go. The NBME you took probably gave you a score profile. Just work on the weaknesses based on the profile and you can achieve it.
 
haha gosh darn it you caught me 🙁. I was just fursturated about something and it boiled over onto this chat....but that's no excuse so i apologize for my first rude comment.

But what I wrote afterwards are my true sentiments! 🙂
No apologies necessary. So I finished my last term of medical school and started studying on the 16th of this month. My exam is on July 14th. I did Uworld throughout my last semester and my average on the first run through was 80%. I'm about 15% in on the 2nd run through and my average so far is 88%. NBME did a CBSE here about a month ago and I got a 215 🙁
Yeah I took that CBSE score report and worked on my weakness and took NBME 11 today and got 237. The topics I was really weak on went up ALOT. My goal is 250+ and I'm hoping with 6 weeks I can make it, but you're right, I need more data points. NBME 12 next Wednesday so I'll just have to see how that one goes
 
I scored a 540 (237) equivalent on NBME 11 and have 6 weeks of studying left. What are my chances of getting a 250-260?

If NBMEs are any indication, then I'd say chances are good. I scored lower than you on my first NBME and then scored >260 on my second NBME ~2 weeks later.

couldnt that also be passive aggression?

No. Passive aggression would've been @theTruth_97 making a thread saying he has this annoying "friend" who scored 237 and asked if 250+ was possible in 6 weeks.
 
No. Passive aggression would've been @theTruth_97 making a thread saying he has this annoying "friend" who scored 237 and asked if 250+ was possible in 6 weeks.

Although, technically passive aggression is behavior that allows you to show aggression/negative feelings without confrontation. So, really, any negative comments on the internet = passive aggression I guess.

Yup, just quoted myself. Come at me, bro.