NBMEs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackAces

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody done the NBMEs for step 2 ck? Useful as for step 1? Did you find any score correlation?

Members don't see this ad.

Useful for timing but that is about it. Some of the topics were similar, but I thought there was less crossover between NBMEs and Step 2 than Step 1.

I did NBME 3 and 4. They both underestimated my score, but 4 was much closer.

Edit: The general consensus on this board is that UWSA is the best estimator. Quite a few people claim it comes within a few points of your actual score. For me it came much closer than NBME 3 but not as close as 4.

Last edited:
I did one (can't remember which) two weeks before my actual test date. It severely underestimated my score (by like 40 points). I would say don't bother with them.

It's a pretty good test, +5 pts for me. do the one that gives you the answers afterwards. they're pretty good at preparing you mentally.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school recently had us do one of the Clinical Science forms. It seemed rather formal as they simulated real testing situation and didnt give us our results for 3 weeks.

All in all it was not very hard if you've gone through some study sources (namely Kaplan, First Aid, Step Up) and done a few questions. I'm afraid to say it may not be indicative of the real test! (Though I have no real basis for this answer)

my wife, who took her test on Dec 28, had a score almost identical to her avg NBME test-scores (all tests were clustered +/- 10 points).