NC MPJE Study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdinfl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to school in FL and score transferred my NAPLEX score to NC so I can get an original license there as well. I'm going to be taking the NC MPJE within the next few months. Are there any helpful study books that I can purchase to study for the NC MPJE? I went on www.rxlaw.org and did not find the study material on their website for NC to be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Download and read their pharmacy practice act at the board website ncbop.org. Also read over and know all of the FAQ on that site as well. I went to school in SC and just took the NC MPJE on Friday. It kicked my butt. Make sure you know ALL the laws on disciplining a pharmacist and what the board can do to you and your license. I had 12 questions on that.

Where are you moving in NC? We are in Charlotte.

Download and read their pharmacy practice act at the board website ncbop.org. Also read over and know all of the FAQ on that site as well. I went to school in SC and just took the NC MPJE on Friday. It kicked my butt. Make sure you know ALL the laws on disciplining a pharmacist and what the board can do to you and your license. I had 12 questions on that.

Where are you moving in NC? We are in Charlotte.

Thanks for the advice! I'm not planning on moving to NC for a few years, however, nobody reciprocates with FL so I decided to score transfer and get another original license there now. I absolutely adore Boone, NC but my fiance and I are both going to be pharmacists and I only saw like 3 pharmacies there the last time I visited!! :(

Check Amazon or try Prontopass.

[EDIT: NCBOP website is very helpful. Their FAQs section is well-known to provide thorough, detailed info. A key resource for sure.]

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys when I asked the pharmacists around here everyone just told me to read the laws and rules over and over... I didn't go to school in NC so I knew I needed some resources to narrow my studies. (And I waited till the last minutes so I couldn't order any books) Here's what I did:
1. Read Over the Law and Rules posted on the NCBOP
website: http://www.ncbop.org/lawandrules.htm (dont get too bogged down it is very boring just look it over)
2. These Quizlets are very good: Idk who made them but look at them next (KNOW THEM)
http://quizlet.com/17927965/federal-...w-flash-cards/
http://quizlet.com/16932777/mpje-nor...a-flash-cards/ (They are very good it's weird as if they knew what the MPJE will ask you)
3. Read ALL the FAQ and understand them: http://www.ncbop.org/faqs/Pharmacist...acistsHome.htm

Good Luck!

Hi,

just wanted to let anyone know who is planning on taking the NC mpje soon that it's not as bad as it seems in my humble opinion.

i am a slow and deliberate test taker but even I finished with 10 minutes to spare and passed OK with only a minimal amount of guessing.

so the moral of the story, at least in my view, is to study hard (about 4-5 hours a day) for at least a few weeks from a variety of sources.....the best obviously being the FAQ and indexed sections of the laws on the board website. The DEA guidebook for pharmacists' was also a major help for a foreign grad like myself I would highly recommend it!! Two other great places to study federal law were the green Reiss book and Professor Jesse Vivian of Wayne State University and his online website/lectures. Since laws change all the time I'd also recommend reading the tidbits concerning state law from the NC BOP newsletter found on the website published 4 times a year. I also found that reading discipline cases about other pharmacists' in the state helped me to understand what's allowed and what isn't and to understand the types of punishments. And of course whoever created the NC mpje quizlet thanks a bunch!!!

Since I had no experience behind the counter here in the US I was deathly afraid of having multiple questions with CS drug brand names that I wasn't familiar with.....that didn't happen to me thankfully and I don't think that is the aim of the exam (phew!).

I think that's it.....

happy holidays to all and don't sweat it - if you've studied hard I'm sure you'll make it!