NCSU waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ju4910

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody else is on the waitlist for NCSU out of state students. I wish everybody luck and just wanted to know if anybody has heard anything yet. I had a friend last year (#33 on the list) who found out 2 weeks before classes started, so I am just getting a little nervous. Thanks for any info. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got on the waitlist at NCSU out of state. I'm #14 I think, honestly I lost the paper. I've gotten into 3 other vet schools and as soon as I decide on one, I'll decline my spot on the waitlist. Hopefully that will help you. I have heard of people at several schools that get in at the last minute, and I know of one at NCSU that got in two days into classes. Don't ever count yourself out.

I received an email from NCSU today. The adcom said they had notified all the people on the waitlist who would be offered admission and it would be unlikely that there would be any movement on the waitlist for quite awhile. They had their 80 acceptances after taking 1 and 2 on the in-state waitlist and 1-7 on the out-of-state waitlist.

This is weird because my mom received a "Welcome Graduate Student" postcard in the mail the other day and I was #12 on the list. No matter, I will be a happy Volunteer in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got on the waitlist at NCSU out of state. I'm #14 I think, honestly I lost the paper. I've gotten into 3 other vet schools and as soon as I decide on one, I'll decline my spot on the waitlist. Hopefully that will help you. I have heard of people at several schools that get in at the last minute, and I know of one at NCSU that got in two days into classes. Don't ever count yourself out.
Heya Pressmom - how do you know that you are ranked #14 on the NCSU waiting list? My letter indicated that the list was not ranked.

Keep in mind that pressmom's comment was from last year -- they may not be ranking things this year ....