NDBE retake?

Started by fastfeet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fastfeet

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two part question!

-Are you allowed to retake the NBDE? I am finding conflicting information.... maybe you have to wait an alloted time before you can?

-Also do specialties take into consideration if you take the boards twice? Frowned upon?

I really want to do ortho (my GPA right now is 3.89 and I'm top 5% of my class) but due to some family emergency circumstances + school deadline to take the examination I unfortunately wasn't able to study for as long/as much as I wanted because I had to take it by a certain day and I just ran out of time. I got an 87 🙁

From what I've read on the forum (although seemingly limited) it sounds like orthodontic programs won't even look at you if you are below a 90....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
 
i believe your allowed to take it again after some elapsed time. as for specializing, well in the real world there are many factors. the best is to network with people in the area ypur interested. when i attended dental school there was a student in the class ahead of me that got into an oral surgery program, he was on the lower end of the class rank and just passed his boards. he network with people in the field for thenfour years and got in.
 
i believe your allowed to take it again after some elapsed time. as for specializing, well in the real world there are many factors. the best is to network with people in the area ypur interested. when i attended dental school there was a student in the class ahead of me that got into an oral surgery program, he was on the lower end of the class rank and just passed his boards. he network with people in the field for thenfour years and got in.

okk i didnt read all of ur post. my bad. but you passed the exam. you may not be allowed to retake. retakes are allowed if you failed. 87 isnt bad. go network and be a people person.
 
okk i didnt read all of ur post. my bad. but you passed the exam. you may not be allowed to retake. retakes are allowed if you failed. 87 isnt bad. go network and be a people person.


Hi,
can anyone please conferm that if anyone pass part 1 can not retake.....i called them and they said that they have changed this rule and now we can retake after passing the exam....
please conferm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
can anyone please conferm that if anyone pass part 1 can not retake.....i called them and they said that they have changed this rule and now we can retake after passing the exam....
please conferm

As far as I know from earlier this year, once passed any of the NBD exams cannot be retaken if passed. Please let me know if anyone has heard otherwise
 
Hi,
can anyone please conferm that if anyone pass part 1 can not retake.....i called them and they said that they have changed this rule and now we can retake after passing the exam....
please conferm


lol. if you called them and they confirmed that you can retake. then you have your answer.