ne1 taken the online pcat -- https://tpc-etesting.com

Started by xsmail321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xsmail321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ne1 taken the online pcat -- https://tpc-etesting.com

has anybody taken that? im taking it now. it is AWFUL. the server is slow.. i thought this was going to be like topscore and u could just easily download. i think this is a HUGE waste of time. u spend more time staring at the blank screen watching ur computer load rather than actually studying.. does ne1 know what im talking about?
im going to try and get a refund.. but i dont have high expectations!
 
I actually really like those tests, they're very helpful in terms of seeing how the PCAT questions are asked.

I just logged on right now and the server seems to be a-ok for me? Keep in mind though that since it's the last week before the PCAT, they get mass amounts of people doing last minute practice on the sites.
 
ne1 taken the online pcat -- https://tpc-etesting.com

has anybody taken that? im taking it now. it is AWFUL. the server is slow.. i thought this was going to be like topscore and u could just easily download. i think this is a HUGE waste of time. u spend more time staring at the blank screen watching ur computer load rather than actually studying.. does ne1 know what im talking about?
im going to try and get a refund.. but i dont have high expectations!

I was reading your post...and wondering if you are having the same problem as mine. you will have these problems if you are using mozilla Firefox, try opening the pearson site on internet exploler, its much faster there...hope that helps..!
 
Can you only actually "answer" the questions for each subset/section once? then u can go and review the answers as many times as you want before the next PCAT? is that how it works? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase these 2 practice tests for 57.00, any advice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you only actually "answer" the questions for each subset/section once? then u can go and review the answers as many times as you want before the next PCAT? is that how it works? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase these 2 practice tests for 57.00, any advice?

Yup! I bought the two tests back in October and I'm reviewing them again right this moment for the Jan PCAT. They're so handy..
 
You can only score it once. I suppose you could retake it again but you would have to write your answers down on a separate sheet of paper and you would still see the answers that you marked previously. You can't change the answers once the exam is scored. The answers/explanations are in a separate pop-up window for each question.

One thing I noticed was that my form said that the price of exam 1 was $25 and the price of exam 2 was also $25. I hope that isn't accurate because I feel like a dumb*** if I really paid $57 for 2 exams when I could have paid $50 if I bought them separately.
 
One thing I noticed was that my form said that the price of exam 1 was $25 and the price of exam 2 was also $25. I hope that isn't accurate because I feel like a dumb*** if I really paid $57 for 2 exams when I could have paid $50 if I bought them separately.
I noticed that too.

The first test is supposed to be $40, and the second $25. See here.

And to think this online form was written by the same institution in charge of the exam which, quite frankly, determines our futures! They can't even proofread their own content!*

* Apparently, people who wrote the October PCAT can vouch for this as well.
 
You can only score it once. I suppose you could retake it again but you would have to write your answers down on a separate sheet of paper and you would still see the answers that you marked previously. You can't change the answers once the exam is scored. The answers/explanations are in a separate pop-up window for each question.

One thing I noticed was that my form said that the price of exam 1 was $25 and the price of exam 2 was also $25. I hope that isn't accurate because I feel like a dumb*** if I really paid $57 for 2 exams when I could have paid $50 if I bought them separately.

Nope, it's not accurate, I just went to register for it and it's $40 for practice exam 1 and $40 for practice exam 2 and $57 for both
 
Nope, it's not accurate, I just went to register for it and it's $40 for practice exam 1 and $40 for practice exam 2 and $57 for both

No one will know how accurate the exams are until Jan 24th until AFTER they finish taking the PCAT. Without ever seeing the real exam its hard to deteremine what is accurate....
 
No one will know how accurate the exams are until Jan 24th until AFTER they finish taking the PCAT. Without ever seeing the real exam its hard to deteremine what is accurate....

I wasn't talking about the questions on the practice exam. I was talking about the PRICE. The price of $25 for each practice test is not accurate.
 
The pricing is kind of confusing, but it IS accurate. See http://tpc-etesting.com/PCATOPT/main.aspx: "You may purchase access to an individual Practice Test for $40.00, an additional Practice Test for $25.00, or you may purchase both for $57.00."

So the first time you purchase, you are presented with $40 for either Test 1 or Test 2 or $57 for both. However, after the first purchase, any subsequent test is $25 regardless of whether it is Test 1 or Test 2.

The site is working fast for me, but only in IE. It doesn't work in Fireflox Mozilla at all.
 
I wasn't talking about the questions on the practice exam. I was talking about the PRICE. The price of $25 for each practice test is not accurate.

My bad! hehehe...😳I am going to buy the exams right now...I hope they only charge me 25 dollars a exam. lol...
 
The pricing is kind of confusing, but it IS accurate. See http://tpc-etesting.com/PCATOPT/main.aspx: "You may purchase access to an individual Practice Test for $40.00, an additional Practice Test for $25.00, or you may purchase both for $57.00."

So the first time you purchase, you are presented with $40 for either Test 1 or Test 2 or $57 for both. However, after the first purchase, any subsequent test is $25 regardless of whether it is Test 1 or Test 2.

The site is working fast for me, but only in IE. It doesn't work in Fireflox Mozilla at all.

Are these subsequent tests the SAME as the ones we just purchased or different? how many different exams are there? if its different then it might be worth an extra 25??? what do u think?
 
"you may purchase BOTH" in the text on the main page indicates there are only the two practice tests available regardless of how many times someone purchases them. Once you get your report, you can't take the test again even though you can still look at the questons and answers. So the only reason to purchase a practice test you've already purchased before would be to retake the exam. The pricing is just set up that way to get us to buy both to begin with. You know....$57 is a better deal than buying one for $40, and then the other for $25.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How are you guys doing on these tests?

I took 1 last week and 2 today, my scores went down out of 40 I got...

Verbal
33 --> 34

Biology
37 --> 36

Chemisty
38 --> 38

Reading
35 ---> 35

Quant
32 --> 27

It was mostly my quant that killed me
 
How are you guys doing on these tests?

I took 1 last week and 2 today, my scores went down out of 40 I got...

Verbal
33 --> 34

Biology
37 --> 36

Chemisty
38 --> 38

Reading
35 ---> 35

Quant
32 --> 27

It was mostly my quant that killed me

I started on my practice tests just yesterday and I had no idea that the Ochem went that in depth 😕 Goes without saying I did badly on my first chem practice section... Took biology few minutes ago and got 33/40 going to try Quant next.

Looks like your set for chem though gj 😉