Neco/ico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carizma12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have interviewed at NECO or ICO recently.. how long did it take for them to tell you whether you were accepted or not? Does anyone know how often their commitees meet?

Members don't see this ad.

ICO's committe meets every other Thursday, I know they met last Thursday.
I interviewed the 9th and got an acceptance letter in the mail today.

NECO-6 days
ICO-2 weeks

Was accepted to both:D

Members don't see this ad :)
hey sprint,

what was your gpa

Called ICO today and they said it would take approximately 3 weeks to hear back.

Sprint - I know you said you heard back within 2 weeks..

Did anyone else have to wait longer than that to hear back? Or it is possible that they will get back sooner?

It took about 3-4 weeks after I sent my OAT to ICO that I got an interview request by email. I had my interview on a Friday and I received a call that I was accepted on that Monday. I didn't receive the official letter in the mail until about 2 weeks later.

:)

It took about 3-4 weeks after I sent my OAT to ICO that I got an interview request by email. I had my interview on a Friday and I received a call that I was accepted on that Monday. I didn't receive the official letter in the mail until about 2 weeks later.

sorry about that repeat message..not really sure how that happened.

Do you think it is appropriate to tell them that I have a few schools that have deposit deadlines coming up and if possible, if i could find out before then?

i don't want to seem rude, but i also dont want to put down a non-refundable deposit if i will find out in a few days anyway.:(

I would definatly at least pay one of the deposits. It would be sad if you missed out on optometry school altogether because you were trying to save a few hundred bucks.

I dont think a phone call will make the committee meet any sooner, but they might have already decided and are just slow on the letter. If thats the case, they will probably tell you.

Do you think it is appropriate to tell them that I have a few schools that have deposit deadlines coming up and if possible, if i could find out before then?

i don't want to seem rude, but i also dont want to put down a non-refundable deposit if i will find out in a few days anyway.:(

The best thing to do is to contact the schools that you were accepted to and ask them for an extension on your deposit deadlines. Most schools are happy to grant you an extra week or so. There isn't really anything you can do to speed up your review at ICO since the committee members meet only once every 2 weeks.