NECO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optometry_student

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone interviewed at NECO or SUNY recently and can tell me a bit about the interview such as what type of questions were asked and how formal it was.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My interview at NECO was fairly informal and much more personal than any of the other interviews that I went to. You get a one-on-one interview with one of the faculty and their questions may depend on who is interviewing you. I was asked questions about my coursework like what was the most difficult undergraduate course you took or which one was the most interesting to you, but my interviewer asked me plenty more personal questions that I think had an underlying purpose of understanding my maturity level. He asked me how I thought my mom/parent(s) would feel about me moving all the way from Southern California to Boston for optometry school and what I think would have been the most important thing I wanted to get out of going to school in Boston.

My interviewer pulled out his phone and pulled up a map of SoCal to show me a place that he really liked to go for vacation since he was from California too lol

SUNY was a panel of 3, more formal but at the same time conversational. NECO was really relaxed and laid back