Neco, Nova, Suny, Pco, Ico + Gpa

Started by gochi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gochi

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I have been reading quite about these schools.

I live in Canada, and my GPA isnt great (3.1).

Does anybody know what kind of a gpa I must have in order to be competitive among these schools, NECO, NOVA, SUNY, PCO, ICO.

If there are any other schools which I missed than please tell me!

Thanks-alot
 
Hi guys,

I have been reading quite about these schools.

I live in Canada, and my GPA isnt great (3.1).

Does anybody know what kind of a gpa I must have in order to be competitive among these schools, NECO, NOVA, SUNY, PCO, ICO.

If there are any other schools which I missed than please tell me!

Thanks-alot

http://www.opted.org/profiles.pdf

Add 0.1 to the respective school's average GPA and the result is the school's competitive GPA.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Without an awesome OAT score or superb volunteer/observation experience, you can scratch out SUNY from the list and save the app fee. It is very competitive.
 
However, they do understand that the Canadian undergrad system is different.. and I think they add around 0.3 to your GPA to "convert" it to a US standard. You can check with the school.. but I'm pretty sure SUNY does this..

Definitely get lots of experience in optometry, and if you can, in different modes of practice.. commercial/private/hospital etc. That will make your app much stronger!

Good luck!
 
thanks alot guys

Just a few questions... if I take more courses than the optometry pre-req's in Canada, will they be counted towards my GPA ?

Also, is there such a thing as "over the phone interview"

Thanks alot guys!
 
Without an awesome OAT score or superb volunteer/observation experience, you can scratch out SUNY from the list and save the app fee. It is very competitive.

I know... SUNY accepts 1 out of 8 applicants. :/ ... I'm retaking the OAT in May so hopefully i can do 350+!!! And also ace the other prereqs i'm currently doing... :/ :scared: :scared: