NECO Supplemental App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkain08

jkain
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard back from every school I've applied to other than NECO concerning a request to fill out a supplemental application. Does NECO assume that students are automatically going to fill one out, or should I just be patient and wait for them to contact me?

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard back from every school I've applied to other than NECO concerning a request to fill out a supplemental application. Does NECO assume that students are automatically going to fill one out, or should I just be patient and wait for them to contact me?

Me too, I've heard from every school besides them. and their supplemental app is located on optomcas so those additional questions that you answered were their supplemental app.

Ok so m not alone here!! The opted website does say that there is another fee so should we be waiting for something regarding that even if the questions are done?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm just patiently waiting on them while I have two other interviews already scheduled. It sucks because NECO is my second choice. I really don't want to be in a position where I interview somewhere else and I have two weeks to decide, while I'm still waiting just to hear back from NECO.

I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm just patiently waiting on them while I have two other interviews already scheduled. It sucks because NECO is my second choice. I really don't want to be in a position where I interview somewhere else and I have two weeks to decide, while I'm still waiting just to hear back from NECO.

Hey where are your other two interviews?

For all who haven't herd anything from NECO, I figured out why!!!! Its so sneaky! Im home from work today and was randomly looking on the NECO website to look for stuff on their clinicals. I looked and found this link.

http://www.neco.edu/admissions/process.html

You have to really look down the page to see that "An additional non-refundable supplemental application fee of $65 will be due to NECO in order to process your application. The fee can be paid either by credit card on our website at the following link:* http://neco.edu//admissions/application/payment.html

Since the supplemental application questions are integrated into OptomCAS, I was waiting for an email tha basically sent payment info, kind of like SCCO did. If I hadn't seen this it would have kept my application in limbo even though everything is done!! For the sake of everyone waiting to hear from them , please just go and pay the 65.00 to get your app going!!

its a good point but i paid my supp application fee like a month ago and i havent heard anything

Crap. Oh well at least I figured out the one part before it was too late.

Am I suppose to first submit my optomcas and then do the supplementary apps?

I just paid it right now! thanks for pointing that out i didn't even know about it:luck:

I just got an interview today, September 30th! Anyone else?

Question for everyone who is filling out NECO's supplemental app: When it says: "indicate the sources which influenced your decision to apply," by sources do they mean discuss specific people who inspired you to go to NECO OR can it also be interpreted as what specific reasons I want to attend NECO (aka talk about their campus and focus of their education, etc).

The reason I ask is that in my essay, I talked about why I want to go to optometry in general. Now, in my supplemental app, I want to talk about the things that NECO offers that makes me desire to go there over other schools. Hope this made sense! Thanks!!