Neco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkiddo123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time posting. I'm a senior in college, and i've already taken my OATs and done fairly well. I have a good GPA also. I really love boston, and the only school I want to go to is NECO. I was wondering if anyone on this board new how this school was compared to other schools (reputation, cost, faculty, students, NBEO scores, etc...)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

However much you "only want to go to NECO" make sure you apply to other schools if you really want to do Optometry.

Just my 2 cents =)

i graduated from there and loved my time at school and with the city of boston itself. The surrounding area is a bit pricey but most students live about 15-20 min out and catch the T in and that makes it more affordable. I hear the school is going to move its location soon to framingham? which is sad but makes sense so that might take away from the whole bostonian experience. in terms of reputation, i dont think it matters too much for optometry schools - it will get you where you need to go. the 4th year clinics are especially strong. The cost is outraqeous and not worth it in my mind, so that is the biggest deterrant to this school. in terms of board scores, we do about average, nothing special. good luck