Neco

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nkdeyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone out there have any idea how full the NECO class of 2011 is at this time? I know they're are interviewing till May 4th from what i've heard but anybody know if there are actual spots in the class or if they are just waitlisting people now.

Members don't see this ad.

what's the point of waitlisting ppl if teh classes are full?
what is the last day ppl can confirm? i thought it was 2 weeks after they send you the acceptance letter

what's the point of waitlisting ppl if teh classes are full?
what is the last day ppl can confirm? i thought it was 2 weeks after they send you the acceptance letter

People who have confirmed will still deny their seat after getting into another school that took longer to hear back from. I've stories of people getting seats up to a few days before class starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are still positions left in the incoming class. The rolling application process leaves room to review all applications at the end that have not been yet rejected.

Has anyone heard from NECO lately? Any acceptances from the April interviews?

No answers yet. But I just called, and they said they are meeting this wed. There's 65 files to review and only 10 seats left:(

Good news is that my friend who works in admissions tells me that they stop when they recieved 130 deposits. So if thats true, then they should be sending out more acceptance letters.
He says that 130 number magically becomes 110 at the beginning of the school year. Any thoughts?

heyyyy,

Has anyone heard back yet from the April 13th interviews????? I am sooo worried, I really want to get in, I am feeing so overwhelmed now, finals are this week, I am taking 7 classes, 21 credits and stressing and still waiting to hear from all the schools I applied to. I am a reapplicant, I applied last year without a BA and I have not taken my 0ATs again. GPA 3.7 and previous 0AT: TT & AA 300. N0Va wants me to retake it and I am registered to retake it, but I am almost positive that I will do worse because I have not been preparing due to my lack of time. I don’t want to look incompetent when I do worse. Its getting pretty late in the game and I feel like pulling out my hair ahhhhhhhhhhh. . . . . . . . . . . Help.

:scared: :mad: :( :idea:

yea, i had my interview on the 13th of april too. i'm still waiting to hear news from them too. well, according to mikesd, they are reviewing the files this wednesday; so i guess we'll hear from them soon...i hope.

Good luck, I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully we be classmates 

any acceptances from april interviews? no ups stopped by my house today, so no news from neco. the long endless waiting continues...:cool:

Just a suggestion for you- It might be a good idea to call NECO and see what the actual deal is with your application. It might save u from worrying.At least this way you will know the info first hand. The lady is really nice who I spoke to so I am sure she will be willing to help you out. You never know, some people might not even take their spots that were offered and lose the deposit if they get into a school that prefer over NECO. This way I am sure it will open up a few more spots for you :). Also ask how many people get accepted off the waiting list- this might give u a good indication as well in case u are put in this position ( I doubt u will be put on the waitlist though :) )

GOOD LUCK:luck: Let me know how u get on ;)

Just a suggestion for you- It might be a good idea to call NECO and see what the actual deal is with your application. It might save u from worrying.At least this way you will know the info first hand. The lady is really nice who I spoke to so I am sure she will be willing to help you out. You never know, some people might not even take their spots that were offered and lose the deposit if they get into a school that prefer over NECO. This way I am sure it will open up a few more spots for you :). Also ask how many people get accepted off the waiting list- this might give u a good indication as well in case u are put in this position ( I doubt u will be put on the waitlist though :) )

GOOD LUCK:luck: Let me know how u get on ;)

I got ACCEPTED!!!! Brown Eye Girl, thank you so much for the advice. I guess before I was reluctant to call because I feared that I might get rejected on the phone. But man, the wait was really killing me. I just had to call. And good thing I did. I wouldn't have known the good news until prolly next week. Now I'm going to sit back and enjoy the upcoming weekend. :)

wow congrats! I just called and they said they were still reviewing my file:(

They said the same exact thing to a friend of mine who was also interviewed on the 13th. Don't worry MikeSD, I'm sure you'll hear good news soon. :) I got my fingers crossed for you.

Yeah, same here. It's soooo frustrating... they told us by end of April, they would make their decisions. Did they tell you when we should know our status? The lady I spoke to did not seem to know anything.

I was soo nervous about calling.. fearing I would get rejected on the phone. But today I did call and I found out I was accepted! Best thing to do is call and talk to the admissions, I think the lady's name is Irene. Good luck to all :D

Ask for Audrey - I have found her to be the nicest, and most helpful at NECO. ;)

I interviewed on April 30, and I just got my letter from UPS today :laugh:

Don't give up, people can definitely get accepted late in the game!

I received my acceptance letter yesterday from UPS! So keep your heads up if you are still waiting...there is still hope.:)