Need 3 more school suggestions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ehwic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A quick and dirty breakdown:

Homestate: CO
3.62 GPA (science and cumulative) and 4x retake on my MCAT 24 (expired) 29, 29, 511. I got my MPH with high GPA.

Good EC and Clinical experiences. Around ~1000 and 500 hours respectively.

I am thinking Michigan State and Rocky Vista. Would like 3 more school suggestions if possible.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't apply to MSU. The OOS tuition is 90k...

Reactions: 1 users

3.62 GPA (science and cumulative) and 4x retake on my MCAT 24 (expired) 29, 29, 511. I got my MPH with high GPA.

I am thinking Michigan State and Rocky Vista. Would like 3 more school suggestions if possible.

Thanks!

You have stats for MD schools. Are you or have you applied to them first?

For DO schools, I suggest RVU, PCOM, KCU (KC or Joplin, doesn't matter), Touro-CA.

Members don't see this ad :)
With all due respect to alteredscale, you have basically no chance at PCOM because of their regional preference and Touro Ca is a dump.

RVU KCU and DMU would be my choices for you

Reactions: 1 user
With all due respect to alteredscale, you have basically no chance at PCOM because of their regional preference and Touro Ca is a dump.

No offense taken. Honestly I had no clue PCOM had a strong regional presence but good to know :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You have stats for MD schools. Are you or have you applied to them first?

For DO schools, I suggest RVU, PCOM, KCU (KC or Joplin, doesn't matter), Touro-CA.

I have applied a couple years ago with a 29 MCAT and super late (September) submission for MD. This year, I was thinking a bulk of MD schools with a handful of DO schools. I was told that the 4x retake will come off as a risky applicant to many MD schools so I wanted to be safe and apply to some DO.

I literally started a couple days ago thinking of DO schools so I dont know all of the acronyms yet. Any chance you can tell me the states each school is in so I may google them?

OK I might be taking MSU off of my list. Similar to alteredscale, can you please tell me the states these schools are in so I may google them? Thanks!

This made me laugh. I'm from northern CA and when I got an interview at Touro-CA my first thought was "God I don't want to have to live in Vallejo."

Reactions: 1 users
I have applied a couple years ago with a 29 MCAT and super late (September) submission for MD. This year, I was thinking a bulk of MD schools with a handful of DO schools. I was told that the 4x retake will come off as a risky applicant to many MD schools so I wanted to be safe and apply to some DO.

I literally started a couple days ago thinking of DO schools so I dont know all of the acronyms yet. Any chance you can tell me the states each school is in so I may google them?

OK I might be taking MSU off of my list. Similar to alteredscale, can you please tell me the states these schools are in so I may google them? Thanks!
KCU Kansas City University
DMU Des Moines University
If I were you, I'd email admissions at RVU if you live near Parker to see if you could get a tour.

TUNCOM
AZCOM OR SOMA
Western

Thanks!

Touro in Nevada.
PNWU
Western
Burrell

These are all private schools so tuition will be high. Since CO and OK share a border, maybe consider OK State?