need a cosigner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkowe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there anyone who can become my cosigner to take a loan from citibank. I'll really appreciate if someone can help me. Is there any bank or agency which gives loan without greencard or cosigner?

Members don't see this ad.

You can have anyone in your family or a friend be your co-signer.
But they need to have a decent credit. I hope this helps.

If u have maintained a very good credit history, then citibank gives loans without a cosigner even if you do not have a GC or citizenship.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your information. I'm on h4. my husband is on h1.he can get the loan if they give it not me! do you know someone who has got this loan without greencard or citizenship as well as without cosigner?

pkowe you should post this question on the Finantial Aid forum. You might get better results. Also visit this website

Global Student Loan Corporation (GSLC)

Actually I'm putting it on the first sticky thread.

If u have maintained a very good credit history, then citibank gives loans without a cosigner even if you do not have a GC or citizenship.

Itsme, this is if for people on what type of legal situation in the US? I mean H1, H4, F1, J1 or what? Can you tell me more about it?
Thanks. :)

do you know someone who has got this loan without greencard or citizenship as well as without cosigner?
Itsme, this is if for people on what type of legal situation in the US? I mean H1, H4, F1, J1 or what? Can you tell me more about it?
one of my friends who is on h1 got into the executive mba program and he was able to get the citibank loan without a cosigner

green emerald i'm not accepted in any school yet but to manage my expense in school is a major problem for me. I'm trying to have some cosigner to get loan.

RAJKANG...do u mind telling what the interest rates are for the citibank loans

Thanks Rajkang. Your information is really worthfull i'll call citibank & ask them. if they can do it then i'll have no problem as my husband's credit history will be of 3 years in march.

hello rajkang. I was trying to fill up online form for the citiassist studentloan. But i could not fill it up as it says that cosigner should be permanent resident or us citizen. My husband wants to be my cosigner on the basis of the credit history. But the representative of citibank told him that he cannot be until and unless he has a green card or citizenship.
Can you give me a guidance regarding this? Which citibank did you apply & can you give me contact info of citibank person through which you got it done ? And how much loan did you get?

can can someone tell me how you convinced the cosigner to sign for you...apart from very close relatives i dont think anyone will be willing to sign up for some thing like 300thousand .did everyone who got a cosigner had a relative to do for you?i only have friends here...but i dont think anyone would sign...i mean if it were a car or something they might but the fees is so huge any suggestions or anyones situations input will help us all:)

green emerald you are so right about it. Even i'm facing the same problem as you. thats why husband on the basis of the credit history wants to apply for ir. otherwise even i have not got anybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by green emerald
can can someone tell me how you convinced the cosigner to sign for you...
I told my husband I'd leave him if he didnt sign ;) .

Ok in all seriousness this is a BIG problem for most intr'nal students. I'd suggest you ask someone who knows your family too, to be your co-signer, if your fam could request them personally you might have a chance ( it worked for some of my friends ).

henna,i want to know if there is an age limit for the cosigner...or is it entirely based on credit...my family knows someone who is 80 years...lived here in states for more than 40 years..probably having good credit(hoping)and willing to sign for me if asked(again only hoping)..i figured considering his age he doesnt ahve much to loose :D even in case something happens to me...but i have alife insurance so theyw ill be assured if someone knows the age issue pl help

I am not sure green emerald, why dont you post this question in the financial aid forum, they might be able to help you.

I'm going to post this in the Fin Aid forum too, but just wanted to know what do you think.

Since I'm not experience at all with the US credit history thing, I have no clue as to what makes a person have a good credit history. I will like to know this, so to know whom I could choose as a cosigner (if I ever need it :rolleyes:). Since I read here that from that person credit history depends the interest rate. I ask this 'cause I have more than one person to ask for.

What should I know or look in a person to know if that person could make a good cosigner?

Originally posted by meggs
I'm going to post this in the Fin Aid forum too, but just wanted to know what do you think.

Since I'm not experience at all with the US credit history thing, I have no clue as to what makes a person have a good credit history. I will like to know this, so to know whom I could choose as a cosigner (if I ever need it :rolleyes:). Since I read here that from that person credit history depends the interest rate. I ask this 'cause I have more than one person to ask for.

What should I know or look in a person to know if that person could make a good cosigner?

Meegs: it is a good idea to start a new thread about financial information.As far as I know 1 )-if U R a US citizin or a GC holder u do not need a cosigner+U can apply for fedral loans.
2)-If U do not fill in these 2 criterias you need a cosigner who is:
A/-a US citizin or a GC holder.
B/-He/SHE should have a minimum anual income of at least 18.000$ per/year.(I read tis somewhere..but I do not remember where)
C/-He should have maintained a good cridit history.
3)-Foreign students CAN NOT apply for fedral loans.

Originally posted by sam3

C/-He should have maintained a good cridit history.

That's my question. what makes a good credit history?

meggs generally people who have ahouse and car have good credit history...bcos they buy house and car on credit then pay back towards it.the more uuse your credit card and pay back the more is your credit

hi rajkanj,
i am also planning to take a loan if i get into some school. i have a relative who is a cosigner but i did not get the part that you said about getting employed. who needs to be employed? me or the cosigner? (i know it is a dumb question)

sanju

hi rajkang..u ahve been a great help so far,do u mind sharing how you both mange been apart like how frequently you get to see each other....and how is the school life for yor wife..i know a lot of people are married when iw ent to interviews most of them were married..