need a good Physics book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s1lver

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Similar to OChem as a Second Language I and II. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I always liked Physics for Engineers and Scientists by Ohanian. Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday isn't bad either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any physics text with a complete solutions manual will be good. Physics is one of those subjects where you can learn 80% of it by just doing all the problems.

Dont think you will find one like that...but just use a textbook. If your looking at calculus based, i loved Halliday Resnick 8th edition. Clear, easy to understand, has great examples.

I thought Schaum's Outline of College Physics was decent.

For me however, mastering physics was about doing the problems. Your textbook should be enough, so don't throw it out just yet. . .

I had Physics for Dummies...it doesn't cover all of concepts for the entire year, but I found the "dumbing it down" ideas to understand Physics better helpful :)

Halliday Resnick 8th edition. Clear, easy to understand, has great examples.

When I took physics I had the 3rd edition of that text and it was awful. (Old man here) Good to hear they've made improvements because physics departments are in love with that guy!

Now if only the TAs using it had passable pronounciation! :)

College Physics
ISBN 0131495798

I hated physics before i took the class, pretty much self-taught myself with this book, aced the class, ended up loving the subject

Nova's MCAT Physics Book

It's for the MCAT but the explanations make you think of physics in a very intuitive way. Very helpful during undergrad physics. Plus it helps for the MCAT too (obviously).