Need a little bit of help

Afghan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted before, and well, I need a bit of light so to say on the future of probably going into Med school. I am currently in an Open program at my University, here in Canada, I can only take 10 courses in total, equivalent to one year after which I must select an actual program to get into (EG BBA BSC) I am taking 2 courses right about now in the winter semester, they are economic courses and I am doing TERRIBLE in them, like idk this stuff does not make any sense to me. Anyway there's like about a month or so left in this semester and I'm trying to pull off a C to a B since I'm only taking 2 courses and they're economic courses how bad would it look on my transcript? Will these 2 courses be used in calculating my overall GPA when applying to a med school in the future? What should I do!?!?!? :( I'm so confused. Also today was the dead line to withdraw out of these courses, should I withdraw them and stick with a W? AHHH HALPPPP ME GUISE D:

Also how many courses should I be taking per semester in winter and fall? And what courses? :/

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty sure every course goes into your cumulative GPA, whether it's a pre-med prereq or not. And as far as I have seen, people usually take around 15-17 credits each semester so that's about 5 classes.

Hope your decision works out for the best.

Are not you a fellow?

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted before, and well, I need a bit of light so to say on the future of probably going into Med school. I am currently in an Open program at my University, here in Canada, I can only take 10 courses in total, equivalent to one year after which I must select an actual program to get into (EG BBA BSC) I am taking 2 courses right about now in the winter semester, they are economic courses and I am doing TERRIBLE in them, like idk this stuff does not make any sense to me. Anyway there's like about a month or so left in this semester and I'm trying to pull off a C to a B since I'm only taking 2 courses and they're economic courses how bad would it look on my transcript? Will these 2 courses be used in calculating my overall GPA when applying to a med school in the future? What should I do!?!?!? :( I'm so confused. Also today was the dead line to withdraw out of these courses, should I withdraw them and stick with a W? AHHH HALPPPP ME GUISE D:

Also how many courses should I be taking per semester in winter and fall? And what courses? :/

Most people here are Americans since this is an US forum so they probably won't be able to help you much.

Canadian medical schools take your top 2 years of your bachelor's. If you are taking these courses while still in high school i honestly don't know if they will count. But, if you do well in 1st and 2nd year or 2nd and 3rd year or 1st and 3rd year you should be able to ignore this preliminary year? I've never heard of someone doing open courses at a university before entering university. Are you a high school student taking university courses?

I'm in open studies program, so basically I can take 10 university courses, until I must transfer into a bachelor program, it's like a thing for people that missed the fall registration and would like to take a few courses to work onto their bachelor degree. Basically all I'm doing is taking these Uni courses and just waiting for fall, so I can get into my BBA, kinda confusing I know :p and I'm a Uni student 18 years old :D But yes idk I've heard that as well, but I don't think that goes with every Med school? I'm not too sure.