need a little help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brians

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question for you all. I know how the people on this site feel about PsyD programs and especially professional schools but I will ask anyway. I applied to two schools out in California, Alliant(CSPP)san fran, and to The Wright Institute in Berkeley. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on which program would better to attend. It’s really hard to find info regarding professional schools, so making a choice between the two is becoming increasingly difficult. If anyone has any info on either school, good or bad, please let me know. Good luck to everyone and I hope all your interviews go well. Brian

Members don't see this ad.

Go for Wright!! Alliant is good too, but controversial in a way. Either way you will get a license, and that is all you need. Both are good programs!!

:)

psisci said:
Go for Wright!! Alliant is good too, but controversial in a way. Either way you will get a license, and that is all you need. Both are good programs!!

:)

What is controversial about alliant and why do you say go to Wright. On what are these based on. Thanks for the help......

Members don't see this ad :)
Funny... Most likely my decision will come down to these two schools; but I haven't heard from them yet. Have you?

I live in California and met alumni and students from both programs. I'm not sure why CSPP would be considered 'controversial'. It is a large program with several campuses; which could give people the impression that it's more of a business than a school but I would guess that this perspective is based on little or no real facts. I have heard people state frustration with some of the administrative aspects of CSPP but don’t have details. I think there has been some turnover on the administrative end in the last few years as well, so it's hard to say if historic complaints are still valid.

Current students I’ve spoken to at both programs seem to share roughly the same level of moderate enthusiasm. CSPP is a larger school and could tap you into a larger network and more resources, while Wright will probably foster more of a smaller, community feel. I liked the new CSPP SF campus – at least it seems like some of that money is going into student resources. But Wright gives you access to the Berkeley library which I’m sure is advantageous. If I get into both programs, I’ll need to go through both of them with a fine toothed comb to come to a final decision.

Good luck.

Most of why they are controversial is a good thing in my opinion, but I am not going to write about it here. I know alot about CSPP, as I go there. The only reak knock on CSPP in my opinion (assuming you agree with their RxP agenda as I do) is they have a rep of being the school for trustfund babies. I have known grads who turned out to be excellent, and some not so excellent like any school, and my experience in the postdoc MS program has been good.
I was just mentioning they are controversial because some folks do not like standing out etc...
I would still shoot for Wright if I was in your shoes, but both are solid programs. :cool: