1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Peds sub-I recommendation

Discussion in 'Pediatrics' started by ecpiii, Apr 7, 2004.

1. ecpiii

ecpiii Member
    7+ Year Member

To all in the know...If you could do only one sub-I in Northern California, where would it be? Thanks in advance for your replies and advice!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kiki2004

Kiki2004 princessa!
    7+ Year Member

My hunch would be Stanford.

But since I am biased...I can also give you plenty of recommendations for SoCal places!

4. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

Which program do you want to go to, and which city would you like to live in for residency? That's how you should be picking which hospital you do your peds sub-i in. If you do well during your sub-i there, they are more likely to accept you for residency.

5. ecpiii

ecpiii Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks for the replies. I want Norhtern California, but SoCal recs are also appreciated. Big cities are OK, huge metropolitan areas are 2nd tier for me and MY WIFE...

RSVP

6. wxl31

wxl31 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Enjoyed my sub-I experience at Stanford, so I recommend it, especially if you enjoy the challenge of managing complex patients. An acquaintance did an elective at Children's Oakland (not sure if it was an AI or just an elective) and had good things to say about it. UCSF also offers a sub-I but I don't know much about it.