Need advice about going to interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E. coli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already got one acceptance at NYU, but I haven't gone to any of my interviews yet. I have received four interviews so far (Tufts, Pittsburgh, Temple, UDM).

Is it worth it to go to all of these interviews? I don't want to regret choosing the wrong dental school, but I clearly don't have the financial resources to go to all of them (Since I am from Canada). The tuition from these schools are pretty much very similar for international student. Also, for some of these schools, is it harder for international student to get in (i.e. they only take a couple of international students and you need to have much higher stats to get in) ?

I don't know much about the reputation of these schools. Out of these schools, which ones do you think I should go and not go?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd definitely go to at least tufts or temple...they are way better school compared to nyu...if you have the opportunity to go somewhere else other than nyu, you should take it definitely....truuuuuuust me....

polarnut said:
i'd definitely go to at least tufts or temple...they are way better school compared to nyu...if you have the opportunity to go somewhere else other than nyu, you should take it definitely....truuuuuuust me....

I am definitely going to tufts and Pitts. Temple, I am not sure, because they started interviewing people so early and send out so many acceptances already.

How bout University of Detroit Mercy? Is that a good school? I never heard anything about them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would go to the Tufts' interview. They are a solid school and you can check from other threads that they have a strong reputation. I have over 10 friends at Tufts, and every single one loves the school except for tuition. Just my 2 cents, good luck to you in your dental endeavors...
E. coli said:
I am definitely going to tufts and Pitts. Temple, I am not sure, because they started interviewing people so early and send out so many acceptances already.

How bout University of Detroit Mercy? Is that a good school? I never heard anything about them?

polarnut said:

so what's wrong with nyu then??