Need Advice about the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CosmicWndr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum since Jan 2010 and all the information has been really helpful.

But now I need some advice on my personal situation.

I have almost all the elements of the application set (two professors are already writing my LORs, I'm waiting on the dentist i'm shadowing to write my last LOR, my overall and science GPA are pretty solid at 3.86, and I've had my Personal statement critiqued by a professor and a friend who is in med-school), except the DAT. I'm scheduled to take the test on Jun 28 and have been studying since late Feb, but I am still really nervous about it. I work full-time so I have only a few hours and even less energy to study at night. With that being said, should I take the DAT as planned or should I postpone another 2 weeks or so?

I want to maximize my chances as much as possible so I'm stuck between getting my application in earlier or taking more time to study...any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thanks again to the members for all the info you guys have already posted in other threads.

Cosmic

Members don't see this ad.

If i were you, i would not rush the DATs, take it when you feel ready, even if you waited 2 weeks, it would be mid july, which is still relatively early.
Good luck!