Need advice and help about prerequisites and GPA???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future PT 12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some help and some advice. I am currently a JR majoring in Exercise Science. I still have 4 prerequisites left to take, to have finished all of my prerequisites. These 4 prerequisites all have a lab.

Should I graduate with my Bachelors and then take the remaining prerequisites? If I do this, how will taking the prerequisites after graduation calculate into my GPA? Does it add on to my graduate GPA or is is separate? (I don't want my overall GPA to go down if I do bad)

I know that if I take the prerequisites before graduation, they will be calculated into my current GPA.

What should I do? Should I take them after graduation, or take them during my undergraduate? My main focus is not hurting my overall GPA, but I don't know if taking those prereqs after I graduate will be calculated into my overall GPA after graduation.

Please Help

Members don't see this ad.

if the programs you are applying to utilize PTCAS, then every single class you ever take gets calculated into the GPA. so if you took the classes after receiving your degree, it wouldn't affect your GPA at school, but it would still affect your GPA being sent to the programs.

say your program doesn't use PTCAS-they might only let you have 1 or 2 remaining pre-reqs and they still might want to see your grades.

if i were you, i would just take them now (why not if you have to do well anyways?). if you're only a junior, can take one class each semester-assuming you'll be done in 4 semesters.