Need advice - bad grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

purple-med

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently set to apply this cycle as a non traditional, however, i am worried about a red flag. I got a D+ in Orgo 2 my junior and did not retake. My cGPA is a 3.8 and science 3.5. I took Biochem and got a B+ after and my remaining science courses are B+ and higher. How bad would this hurt me.
 
Currently set to apply this cycle as a non traditional, however, i am worried about a red flag. I got a D+ in Orgo 2 my junior and did not retake. My cGPA is a 3.8 and science 3.5. I took Biochem and got a B+ after and my remaining science courses are B+ and higher. How bad would this hurt me.
You will need to either:
1. Choose your school list carefully and only apply to those not explicitly requiring a full year of Organic Chemistry,
or
2. Retake Orgo 2 and get a C or better. You don't need to do this before applying but would need to complete it Fall 2025 or Spring 2026.