Need advice guys..:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usmletaker2593

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need serious advice on this guys.
I am an IMG and I have no greencard.
I have an attempt on step 1 and 206 on second attempt.I am very devastated as I've been getting an average of 230 on nbme s.The same happened with me on my first attempt.
Now I need advice on how to move forward on this journey?

Should I move forward and try to get a very high score on step 2,have a lot of clinical experience,research etc.. and also finish step 3 and then apply for the match?

I've heard about people getting into courses like masters and MPH to get into residency?Is it a good option?Need advice on this.

Or with a heavy heart,should I just give up this journey?

Please help guys.Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not sure what you think would make more sense right now than move forward......

Get some US experience and be the nicest and hardest working student there, get a better step2, apply like crazy to a ton of low competitive FM and prelim years in addition to whatever you actually want to match in, and cross your fingers and pray

I’m not sure what you think would make more sense right now than move forward......

Get some US experience and be the nicest and hardest working student there, get a better step2, apply like crazy to a ton of low competitive FM and prelim years in addition to whatever you actually want to match in, and cross your fingers and pray
Thank you so much for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.