Need Advice.. is masters the right move?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wumbobumbo

Reaction score
Hello! I am an non-Canadian international student (Indian citizen living in a different country) and I just finished undergrad with a BA in Neuroscience (minor in public health) at BU. I know how hard it is for an international student to get into medical school and I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'm currently planning on starting BU MAMS this fall to then hopefully apply next cycle.

My cGPA (calculated by AMCAS) is 3.48 and sGPA is 3.23. Haven't yet taken the MCAT, but I'm not sure whether I should take it in August or after the first year of MAMS.
I have 3 years of research experience (I've worked in a molecular, behavioral and clinical lab, no publications but I conducted my own research project), tons of leadership + teaching experience (I was a TA for 4 different courses over five semesters, mentored first year students and then taught the people that mentored first year students, had several leadership roles in my fraternity including president, was a representative for my university and did a lot of mentoring with international students) The fraternity I was involved in was a community service one, so did a lot of non-clinical volunteering (40+ hours) each semester.
430 hours shadowing (pediatrics, neonatology, cardiology, neurology), 340 hours volunteering at hospitals and smaller clinic

Any advice on whether BU MAMS is the right move/what else i should do to strengthen my app would be appreciated! I'm a first gen student and am terrified of messing things up.

Members don't see this ad.