Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Need Advice on Pre-Med Class Direction

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by RT19, 05.15.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. RT19

RT19

Pre-Medical
    Okay i'm new here i'm 23 currently, heres my story, I have a bachelors in Radiologic sciences (Radiologic technologist) I Currently work in Xray ( only about a years experience) and MRI (a few months) as i just got the bachelors and X-ray came via a certificate program pre- bachelors a year ago.
    So i recently decided i wanted to attend medical school the last few semesters so i just retook precal and chemistry which i did horrible in my freshman year and made A's in both classes the second time around

Giving me a 3.28 cgpa without those grades factored in as replacement grades (higher if you factor them in as replacement grades) hopefully to raise as i continue to acquire pre-reqs
    Ill be taking at least Chem-2 this summer coming up
    here are my options that i need direction and help with:

1) take mcat in december 2014 to avoid the new 2015 version, downside will only have orgo 1 and physics 1 under my belt at the time

2)take chem2 this summer at my current 4 year university,
    then orgo-1 and physics 1 in the fall, and
    spring take physics 2 and orgo 2 and
    mcat in summer and apply late summer barring a good mcat score

3) Take both chem 2 and physics-1 in summer at a community college,
    orgo-1 and physics-2 in fall at 4 year university,
    Orgo 2 only in spring and mcat prep course
    mcat in summer then apply if score is adequate

My only worry is that i won't have biochemistry in time for the new 2015 MCAT, which worries me will i be alright without it? I could always just sit in on a biochem class possibly the spring before mcat or self study
    Which above option seems the best route?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

About the ads