Need Advice on Rank Order List (Seattle vs Stanford vs Vanderbilt)

Started by Whiplashc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Whiplashc

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I'm applying to pediatrics at Seattle, Stanford and Vanderbilt, I know all are great schools, but I am having trouble ranking them as each has certain advantages/disadvantages with absolutely nothing swaying me in any direction. If anyone has an opinion about these programs I would really appreciate it.
 
I did not interview at Stanford or Vanderbilt.
Seattle is in my top 3. I loved the atmosphere and residents. Program has a great reputation and Seattle is a nice city. The only downsides were the hospital is pretty old (the new one built won't be used for a few years except for the ER and NICU I think) and residents still had to write and read handwritten progress notes (really!).