need advice on sending fall grades to schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mcatvirtualstudy

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
Thank you in advance for reading my post and providing any advice.

I am a re-applicant and am currently in a non-binding linkage masters program. To advance to the medical school, you need a certain GPA and MCAT. Spring 2024, I retook the MCAT and got above the minimum needed. I decided to start the masters program and reapply to other schools to see if I would get into other schools.

The program is only calculated on two exams: midterms and finals. I got slightly below or at the 25 percentile on 3 classes and 1 class I was average. During finals week, I had my first sets of panic attacks and didn't perform as well on the finals in any of my classes. I went from a 3.71 GPA in my last year of college to getting a 3.18 during this fall term in my masters program.

Now this is where I need advice. A few of the schools that I have applied to have stated in their application that they would like fall grades. When I upload/email the schools my transcript, should I explain the drop in GPA by talking about the panic attacks? For extra information, I had never had a panic attack before and have since been talking to a therapist about next steps.

Thank you for any help and HAPPY NEW YEARS!
 
What does your SMP director think? I would only want your transcript... not an explanation. If you are trying for a non-binding linkage, you should ask your director for guidance.
Ugh, this semester was a total disaster. I was crushing it at first, then BOOM, panic attacks hit me out of nowhere. Like, legit never had them before. Finals were a total write-off. My GPA took a nosedive. Feeling super discouraged now. ☹️ Who here felt like a total loser during exam season? I definitely did. But there's a little trick that can help you climb out of that hole. I won't do any advertising, but there are some resources, bestessayserviceonline.com out there that can really support you during tough times. Maybe they'll help you as much as they helped me.
 
Last edited: