NEED ADVICE! ONE MONTH LEFT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KH7780

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gone through FA and pathoma 3 times and UW qbank twice.

- UWA1= 245 (1 month ago)
- FA revision (after UWA1)
- UWA2= 243 (today)

My goal is 250.

I decided not to use NBMEs assessment until my score reaches more than 245.

During the assessment tests, I felt somehow I am running out of time at the last couple of questions and I didn't get enough time for revision. And also I noticed I have low stamina and concentration.

One month left for the exam, What do you suggest to do to get 250 and increase my stamina in solving the questions. I feel adding a question bank and quick FA and UW revision would help.

Members don't see this ad.

dude,my suggestion would be start practicing u world 5 to 6 blocks timed without taking breaks , this will help in increasing endurance of your brain required for the exam,though initially it would be tough you will get used to very soon and in the exam you will feel pretty comfortable .Along with with that keep revising first aid stuff which you keep forgetting and keep an eye on nbme (preferably 15-20 days before exam) as they are very much predictive coz as the exam date closes by there will tremendous pressure building on,giving nbme you can asses your weakness and you can still work on them .hope you find it useful ,all the best

I have gone through FA and pathoma 3 times and UW qbank twice.

- UWA1= 245 (1 month ago)
- FA revision (after UWA1)
- UWA2= 243 (today)

My goal is 250.

I decided not to use NBMEs assessment until my score reaches more than 245.

During the assessment tests, I felt somehow I am running out of time at the last couple of questions and I didn't get enough time for revision. And also I noticed I have low stamina and concentration.

One month left for the exam, What do you suggest to do to get 250 and increase my stamina in solving the questions. I feel adding a question bank and quick FA and UW revision would help.
With one month left; maybe it's a good idea to start some NBMEs. I don't see a reason to wait plus those are some new questions you haven't been exposed to yet.

dude,my suggestion would be start practicing u world 5 to 6 blocks timed without taking breaks , this will help in increasing endurance of your brain required for the exam,though initially it would be tough you will get used to very soon and in the exam you will feel pretty comfortable .Along with with that keep revising first aid stuff which you keep forgetting and keep an eye on nbme (preferably 15-20 days before exam) as they are very much predictive coz as the exam date closes by there will tremendous pressure building on,giving nbme you can asses your weakness and you can still work on them .hope you find it useful ,all the best

Thanks, your advice is highly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
With one month left; maybe it's a good idea to start some NBMEs. I don't see a reason to wait plus those are some new questions you haven't been exposed to yet.
Good point! The reason I wanted to do it at the the last week, to have a great estimate of my score and I will do it in couples (ex. NBME15+NBME16 in one day) I can go through them all in 3 days and get the average of them the remaining 4 days will be revision between the NBMEs.

Good point! The reason I wanted to do it at the the last week, to have a great estimate of my score and I will do it in couples (ex. NBME15+NBME16 in one day) I can go through them all in 3 days and get the average of them the remaining 4 days will be revision between the NBMEs.

I haven't taken step yet (June) but I think since you are doing well on uworld, etc, then doing NBMEs sooner and using them as a study tool would be a better use. If you wait till then to do them, sure they might be slightly more accurate at predicting your score, or they might stress you out because they had stuff on them that you didn't focus on as much. Just my 2 cent. Best of luck, seems like you're doing just fine!

I haven't taken step yet (June) but I think since you are doing well on uworld, etc, then doing NBMEs sooner and using them as a study tool would be a better use. If you wait till then to do them, sure they might be slightly more accurate at predicting your score, or they might stress you out because they had stuff on them that you didn't focus on as much. Just my 2 cent. Best of luck, seems like you're doing just fine!

I can see your point now! I will consider that!