Need Advice Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anico

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am pretty sure that I will not get any acceptances this year due to many mistakes (applying late...). I plan on reapplying and I was wondering how I should improve my application. I have

overall GPA: 3.35
science: 3.27
MCAT: 8-V 10-PS 10-B (28L)
ECs: 1 year of shadowing, 3 years of volunteer clinical work, many
leadership experiences and 1 year of research.

I was thinking of applying to a SMP program and/or retaking the MCAT. I'm not sure what would be best to improve my application. Any advice?

Note: I want to try to apply again this year for the entering class of 2008.
Not sure if it will work because my app will not chang much.

Members don't see this ad.

if i were you i would apply to an smp program or take the gre and go to grad school...and once you complete the smp or grad school re apply. it will show your still dedicated to participate this field of choice and shows that your willing and ready to undertake rigorous classes assuming you do well in grad or smp. thats what i would do in your situation.

Hi, I am pretty sure that I will not get any acceptances this year due to many mistakes (applying late...). I plan on reapplying and I was wondering how I should improve my application. I have

overall GPA: 3.35
science: 3.27
MCAT: 8-V 10-PS 10-B (28L)
ECs: 1 year of shadowing, 3 years of volunteer clinical work, many
leadership experiences and 1 year of research.

I was thinking of applying to a SMP program and/or retaking the MCAT. I'm not sure what would be best to improve my application. Any advice?

Note: I want to try to apply again this year for the entering class of 2008.
Not sure if it will work because my app will not chang much.

Your GPA is quite low but not impossible to overcome for medical school if you apply broadly enough (MD and DO) AND your significantly improve your MCAT score. Did you take a Kaplan or Princeton Review course? Get that to at least 10/10/10, preferably higher, and you may have a shot. And apply EARLY. If nothing really changes about your application though, your chances probably aren't great to be truthful.

Thank you to both you for the help. I have decided to go the SMP route and retake the MCAT this august. Do you guys know if my gpa/mcat is good enough to get into georgetown or u. of cincinnati if i start applying now?