Need Advice Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope everything is going well. I just wanted to take advice on when I should submit my application. I'm taking my DAT July 3rd for the first time and am having my letters of rec/transcript processed and sent out to AADSAS this week. Do you guys recommend applying to schools and then taking my DAT and having my score sent (this would cost a LOT of money because I would apply to all sorts of schools not knowing a score)? Or would you recommend applying right after my exam July 3rd and having a more narrow and realistic list of schools? My main question, does it really matter if I submit now versus July 3rd, since my letters and transcript have still not been sent out?Thank you again!

GPA: 3.7 cum 3.6 science
Resume: Shadowed a General Dentist, Did UMDNJ Summer Program, Research, Work in a Hospital, Leadership on Campus, Volunteer

Members don't see this ad.

Apply now to the schools you really want to go to (1-5) so AADSAS can start verifying everything.

After DAT, add more schools to your list as you see fit. The fee to add school is the same before and after you submit your application so there is no reason to not submit your application as soon as you can