Need Advice! Step 2 CK HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pressley

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the UW Sim test and got a 176. I have already failed Step 2 twice (each time by a couple points) and I'm about ready to cry. I am supposed to take it again on the 31st and am feeling pretty hopeless right now.

I've read through Step-Up three time in the last two months and am about 65% finished with the QBank.

I have the next week or so off from work, what do you think I should do? I don't have anyone to talk to.

At best, I can delay until the second or third week in August.

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the UW Sim test and got a 176. I have already failed Step 2 twice (each time by a couple points) and I'm about ready to cry. I am supposed to take it again on the 31st and am feeling pretty hopeless right now.

I've read through Step-Up three time in the last two months and am about 65% finished with the QBank.

I have the next week or so off from work, what do you think I should do? I don't have anyone to talk to.

At best, I can delay until the second or third week in August.

Try to find out what is your weakness on the qbank and UWSA/NBME tests. Did you study hard for your shelf exams? How's your step1 score? Low score means your foundation is lacking. It will be difficult to raise that score to 230 average by August unless you fill those gaps in your knowledge and study really hard.

I graduated from med school a couple years ago, and did okay on my shelf exams. I failed Step 1 the first time, I had to take a few months off during thrid year to study and passed with a 199.

The thing is I have a learning disability which makes things a bit harder for me, and I think some depression is setting in that is making concentrating difficult. That and I've been out of practice and in academics the last couple years.

I just need to pass, I would be more than happy with anything between 189-210. That's my goal.

I graduated from med school a couple years ago, and did okay on my shelf exams. I failed Step 1 the first time, I had to take a few months off during thrid year to study and passed with a 199.

The thing is I have a learning disability which makes things a bit harder for me, and I think some depression is setting in that is making concentrating difficult. That and I've been out of practice and in academics the last couple years.

I just need to pass, I would be more than happy with anything between 189-210. That's my goal.

i see. If you goal is to simply pass, you can do it. Until August, go over UW, step up and focus on your weak subjects. More importantly, try to focus and concentrate somehow when you study and keep any distractions to minimum. Think positively, nothing you can do about your step1 score but you still have a chance to show improvement to the PDs.