Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kakashi Queen

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, i currently have just decided that i would like to pursue a career in Physical Therapy. I am currently a Junior majoring in Psychology at Suny Binghamton University. I currently have a Undergrad cGPA of a 3.2 ( i plan to get that to a 3.4/3.5 by the time i graduate) Im looking to finish up at Binghamton and then take all my pre-reqs at a community college. I also plan on possibly taking a year off after and getting clinical experience. I am trying to get my GPA as high as possible and im hoping to eventually attend Hunter. Do you guys think taking pre reqs at community college will be a big deal? Any advice for me for the next couple of years will be very helpful, thank you.
 
No, taking your pre reqs at a community college is fine. I took a few there and sometimes wish I had just taken them all there. Getting an A at a community college, at least in my experience, was much easier. Some schools may prefer that most are taken at a university, however when it comes down to it I think the majority care about what your gpa/pre req gpa is, not where the classes were taken.