Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kakashi Queen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i currently have just decided that i would like to pursue a career in Physical Therapy. I am currently a Junior majoring in Psychology at Suny Binghamton University. I currently have a Undergrad cGPA of a 3.2 ( i plan to get that to a 3.4/3.5 by the time i graduate) Im looking to finish up at Binghamton and then take all my pre-reqs at a community college. I also plan on possibly taking a year off after and getting clinical experience. I am trying to get my GPA as high as possible and im hoping to eventually attend Hunter. Do you guys think taking pre reqs at community college will be a big deal? Any advice for me for the next couple of years will be very helpful, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No, taking your pre reqs at a community college is fine. I took a few there and sometimes wish I had just taken them all there. Getting an A at a community college, at least in my experience, was much easier. Some schools may prefer that most are taken at a university, however when it comes down to it I think the majority care about what your gpa/pre req gpa is, not where the classes were taken.

Reactions: 1 user
There are a lot of threads on this subject if you search for them.