dl8001

2+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
I've decided to go back in the field of medicine after a lot of working for a doctor and don't know where to begin . Took my pre reqs in college had mostly c and b with honors in my major and minor. Bc of the pre reqs it dragged my gpa to 3.1 . Took the mcat right out if college and bombed in . So I took some time off to work. Should I attempt to apply with the gpa and retake the mcat or go back to school retake the classes and a few extras and than mcat ? Already 24 and really want to finally finish what I started. Please help need advice

You're My Boy Blue

Second Time's a Charm
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Retake all science classes that you got less than a "C" or lower on. Ideally get your cGPA and sGPA to about 3.4. Study for the mcat until you are consistently getting the score you need and retake. What is your sGPA? What was your previous mcat? That information would help

OP
D

dl8001

2+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
My sgpa is about 2.5 . 10
On the mcat . Took it without studying . I know it's gonna hurt me .but after two years I've learned my mistakes

OrdinaryDO

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2011
Status
Medical Student
My sgpa is about 2.5 . 10
On the mcat . Took it without studying . I know it's gonna hurt me .but after two years I've learned my mistakes
Is that a 10 on your MCAT?
You need to retake all science classes with C or below and reeeeallly improve on your MCAT this time. A 10 is absolutely terrible, putting it softly.

Reactions: You're My Boy Blue

You're My Boy Blue

Second Time's a Charm
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Took it without studying
WHY????!!? Why do people do this?

I would find a list of schools that only look at the most recent score (I think some schools do this??). Apply to those schools after getting at least a 25. Take a study class. Pretend like your full time job for 6 months is now the mcat.

Also you need to get straight "A"s on all the science classes you retake.

You have a long long way to go, but if you can accomplish this med-school is still an option for you. Good luck!