DO Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kkrules2014

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I need advice on what DO schools I should target.

African American
Cumulative gpa ~3.2
Science ~3.1
Did one year of post bac with retakes ~3.8
Old mcat 23 with 6 in verbal
New mcat of 500 with 123 in verbal

Pretty good extracurriculars.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't underestimate how desirable you are as a candidate as a URM. I think that you can pull some invites, and then it will be on you. Granted, no school will do you any favors if you can't make it through med school.

Do you have trouble with standardized tests? This is fixable. We're addicted to these, but a weak VR is given the most slack out of all MCAT subsections.
 
Don't underestimate how desirable you are as a candidate as a URM. I think that you can pull some invites, and then it will be on you. Granted, no school will do you any favors if you can't make it through med school.

Do you have trouble with standardized tests? This is fixable. We're addicted to these, but a weak VR is given the most slack out of all MCAT subsections.


I think verbal reasoning is the one section really hurting my score.