Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ms1234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been studying for Step 1 for four months now and have not been scoring what I want to on NBME's. I'm planning on taking Step in 9 days and feel so burned out at this point that I'm not sure it would even be worth it to push my exam back. I've already pushed my exam back once. I've read through FA 4 times, done UWorld twice, done DIT twice, and have done Pathoma and SketchyMicro. I feel like I understand the concepts but for some reason, just keep doing poorly on NBME's. I'm doing better on Uworld the second time around, but it's not being reflected in NBME's. I had a major panic attack yesterday because I'm so frustrated at myself. I was hoping to do well on Step 1 as I'm an IMG. I don't know what else to do and was hoping for guidance. Here are my scores:

NBME 13 - 190
NBME 15 - 198
NBME 11 - 202
NBME 16 - 202 (taken ten days after NBME 11, with another read through of FA)
Uworld first pass: 56%
Uworld second pass: 77%

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
sorry to hear that i am in the same boat i have taken two names one i got a 194 and the otter one i got a 200….i am an IMG too.after u did your second pass of UW what name did you do? maybe you should do one more read of FA and then do you incorrects. did u do any UWSA?

I did NBME 16 after the second uworld pass, and I did uwsa 1 before studying and got a 195 and am planning on doing uwsa 2 in a couple of days. Right now, I'm going over all my incorrects and I plan on going through FA once more..I just hope it'll be enough. Are you taking your exam soon?

i just signed up for my exam my eligibility ends november but i have to take it by september 30th according to my school. but i am already feeling burned out and dying to take it before middle of september. i am doing UWSA 2 this weekend. i dint UWSA 1 in july and got a 228 but names always make me so nervous.