Need Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danimastani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Let me recap my previous and present scenario. I had a 3.68 GPA last year, an MCAT score of 25, volunteering as physical therapist for a year, volunteer as a research asstt for a year, paid research position of undergraduate lab tech for a year, volunteer tutoring for the summer and paid volunteering in Biology, Chemistry, Organic chem and physics. I applied very late for the AMCAS, actually one day before the deadline and I applied very late for AACOMAS as well. I was just not very motivated last year because I was not sure if I should go ahead with medicine. However, as I started getting rejections naturally from all the schools, I realized that I was just being lazy and I had always wanted to be a doctor all my life. I am very motivated now, have to still hear from UMDNJ-SOM but I want to reapply and do all the rights things this time.
I am just frustrated that AMCAS is available now because I was thinking of doing some more research and possibly publishing my work and gain some clinical experience since I have none. I am planning to take my MCAT in August again. So should I still submit my app on June 1 without having to add anything in my ECs? I know that I was at a great disadvantage because I applied so late in the process. I just graduated now and my GPA now is 3.717. So please tell me how should I go about it. Any help from you will be appreciated.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.