Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akiyama7

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That's why you always add one throw away school for verification and once you satisfied with you MCAT score then you add more schools. I'm not sure in this case.

I need advice about my AACOMAS application. I got my MCAT score two days ago and I need to retake it. I already submitted some of the secondary applications without an MCAT score, and they are not complete yet because of the letter of recommendation. (My school writes a committee letter and they need a certain MCAT score to submit my letters)

I have not reported my score yet. If I report my MCAT score now, DO schools will only need my letters to look at my application. Do the schools wait until I get the second score? Because my letters will not be completed until I get the second score. Should I let the DO schools that I will retake the MCAT and my letters will not be submitted until that time?
What is your MCAT score?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I need advice about my AACOMAS application. I got my MCAT score two days ago and I need to retake it. I already submitted some of the secondary applications without an MCAT score, and they are not complete yet because of the letter of recommendation. (My school writes a committee letter and they need a certain MCAT score to submit my letters)

I have not reported my score yet. If I report my MCAT score now, DO schools will only need my letters to look at my application. Do the schools wait until I get the second score? Because my letters will not be completed until I get the second score. Should I let the DO schools that I will retake the MCAT and my letters will not be submitted until that time?
No med school, whether DO or MD, is under any obligation to wait for a newer score. You'll get screened on the score that you have.

Reactions: 1 users
No med school, whether DO or MD, is under any obligation to wait for a newer score. You'll get screened on the score that you have.
I saw it all the time. Your app should be the best it can be when submitted. Schools do not have time to review and re-review again and again as you add new things such as scores, letters, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you can submit the letter later after your retake score comes back to delay your complete time. This way when you're actually complete, you will have your retake score. Of course, some schools would probably review your app as it gets updated as opposed to once you're complete.

Also keep in mind your timeframe and how much time you need to actually increase your score.