Need Advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

progress7

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am currently a senior psychology major and plan on applying at the end of this year. Unfortunately due to family issues, I have transferred schools twice. I also felt that this had an impact on my academic performance because I had to work full time while also being a full time student. Since transferring, I improved my grades significantly but still don’t know if I can get into any schools. My plan is to strategically apply to schools that look at prerequisite GPAs and Last 60 credit GPAs. My stats are as followed:

Cumulative GPA: ~2.6
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.3
Last 60 Credits:~3.2
Observation Hours:~6000 in 3 different settings

I still have 2-3 prerequisites to take over the summer as well as take the GRE.

if anyone has any advice or has gotten into any schools with similar stats please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! I am currently a senior psychology major and plan on applying at the end of this year. Unfortunately due to family issues, I have transferred schools twice. I also felt that this had an impact on my academic performance because I had to work full time while also being a full time student. Since transferring, I improved my grades significantly but still don’t know if I can get into any schools. My plan is to strategically apply to schools that look at prerequisite GPAs and Last 60 credit GPAs. My stats are as followed:

Cumulative GPA: ~2.6
Prerequisite GPA: ~3.3
Last 60 Credits:~3.2
Observation Hours:~6000 in 3 different settings

I still have 2-3 prerequisites to take over the summer as well as take the GRE.

if anyone has any advice or has gotten into any schools with similar stats please let me know!
Don't be discouraged. I am in a similar boat and had interviews to a few programs that look at applicants more holistically. I got into one of my top choices. Control what you can control and let the cards fall where they may.

I think you just need to try and apply places strategically! I was accepted with a 3.02 cGPA and a 3.2 or so (not entirely sure) pGPA.

ETA: I also know that many programs don’t allow for more than 1 or 2 classes to be in-progress when the application is submitted, depending on deadlines it might be better to either sit this cycle out or apply to programs with due dates after your classes end!

Don't be discouraged. I am in a similar boat and had interviews to a few programs that look at applicants more holistically. I got into one of my top choices. Control what you can control and let the cards fall where they may.
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you apply to?