need advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twilight

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got accepted to medical school but the admission is conditional, I need to finish what I started and obtain my masters degree. Due to extenuating circumstances unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to so what should I do? Will the school revoke my admission?

They told me I can write them a letter why I won't be able to complete my degree but will they revoke my admission anyways.

Please respond back.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

twilight said:
So I got accepted to medical school but the admission is conditional, I need to finish what I started and obtain my masters degree. Due to extenuating circumstances unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to so what should I do? Will the school revoke my admission?

They told me I can write them a letter why I won't be able to complete my degree but will they revoke my admission anyways.

Please respond back.

Thanks.

Will you not be able to finish it at all or you won't be able to finish it in time to matriculate? If its the second option, defer and get it done. Otherwise it sounds like you've got to get in touch with your grad school and work something out. Good luck.

As long as you have a good explanation (funding ran out for the research, my program folded, etc.) I'd imagine most schools would at least hear you out. Or they may ask you to defer until you finish. But just ask them if you're concerned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Larsitron said:
As long as you have a good explanation (funding ran out for the research, my program folded, etc.) I'd imagine most schools would at least hear you out. Or they may ask you to defer until you finish. But just ask them if you're concerned.

thanks for the advice but has anyone gone through this before?

A conditional acceptance is just that, conditional. It means you are accepted ONLY under the specified condition, hence, if you do not finish your degree, you are not accepted...there would be no acceptance to revoke because you did not fulfill the condition. Deferring is your only option.