Need Advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josiebee1118

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading alot of these posts I am questioning whether or not to reapply this year. I graduated from columbia with a low gpa, applied to about 10 schools and didnt get accepted, low mcat as well. i have had extensive volunteer/hospital/medical experience and have been doing research at NYU medschool for the past year, working on numerous publications. nothing has really changed in my application except that i have made alot of contacts and had more research experience. this year is the last year that my mcat will be valid, so i thought i would give it another shot. if not, i am planning on taking graduate classes and retaking mcat for application next year. does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

josiebee1118 said:
After reading alot of these posts I am questioning whether or not to reapply this year. I graduated from columbia with a low gpa, applied to about 10 schools and didnt get accepted, low mcat as well. i have had extensive volunteer/hospital/medical experience and have been doing research at NYU medschool for the past year, working on numerous publications. nothing has really changed in my application except that i have made alot of contacts and had more research experience. this year is the last year that my mcat will be valid, so i thought i would give it another shot. if not, i am planning on taking graduate classes and retaking mcat for application next year. does anyone have any suggestions?

Wait and improve your grades and MCAT before you reapply. Most schools will look at your second attempt (if you have improved). Some just flat-out won't consider a third attempt. Make your next application count!