Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkap

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be starting college this fall and hope to be in med. school by 2003. I will be working full time and attending school full time as well.The college I will be attending has offered to give me credits for work experience and for some licenses I have (I'm a stockbroker)Is this a good idea or will it count against me? What advice do you wish someone had given you when you first started on your way to med. school?

Thanks in Advance,
Monica

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing I am concern about is do you have enough to study. Pre med courses are intense and you have to do better than B in many of the courses. Can you manage?

I don't see there is any disadvantage at this point. Well may be when you go for an medical school interview, they may ask you are you willing to sacrifice the money you make in business and study in medical school instead. You need to prepare how to answer.

As for major, I have freinds that are majored in liberal arts, danceing, music and get into medical school. So don't woory too much about your stockbroker job. Concentrate on your studies.