Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reefernewbie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had any opinions on review courses for Step 1. Kaplan vs Falcon. Live lecture reviews vs cpu/tape.
Thanks,
-C

Members don't see this ad.

reefernewbie said:
Wondering if anyone had any opinions on review courses for Step 1. Kaplan vs Falcon. Live lecture reviews vs cpu/tape.
Thanks,
-C
my honest advice...dont waste the money

just get Kaplan QBank and First Aid...you will be MORE than fine with those two alone

i did it and scored a 242 (good, not great)...and i dont think that adding more tiem in classes would have helped me do better at all, it might have actually hindered me by wasting time

Mye Eye said:

just get Kaplan QBank and First Aid...you will be MORE than fine with those two alone

i did it and scored a 242 (good, not great)...

So a 99 isn't great anymore?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mye Eye said:

i did it and scored a 242 (good, not great)...and i dont think that adding more tiem in classes would have helped me do better at all, it might have actually hindered me by wasting time

90th percentile (around 242) is about as high of a goal as anyone could ever reasonably hope to achieve. Anything above this is guessing and gravy.

Did you actually go in with something like 97th percentile in mind??????

plusminus said:
90th percentile (around 242) is about as high of a goal as anyone could ever reasonably hope to achieve. Anything above this is guessing and gravy.

Did you actually go in with something like 97th percentile in mind??????
well to be 100% honest...that was 4 points HIGHER than my "best goal"...so when i got that score I was SUPER excited...then I came on SDN and it made me think my score wasnt as good as I had interpretted it

probably a sampling bias, cuz i honestly felt like it wasnt that good after SDN (even though i was super happy before discovering SDN)...sorry about that y'all...either way, i'm very happy...even if it's no 250+ like everyone else on SDN apparently got