Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

need advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by TCNJ, May 9, 2007.

1. TCNJ

Pre-Medical
    Hello everyone! I know that so many people post on here and say "what are my chances", and I vowed not to be one of them, but alas, here I am. I prepared a lot and took a Kaplan course. I scored in the upper 20s and low 30s on all of the practice tests, and then I sucked on the actual test :( (ps 7 vr 9 bs 7, writing p). I'm notoriously a bad test taker. Anyway, I have a 3.6-3.7 gpa and have never gotten below a B in my science classes. I have shadowed a D.O. and an M.D. and have 2 summers of research experience at the New Jersey State Police Forensic DNA lab. I am also a varisity soccer player at my college and am involved in other organizations, etc.

So, I have 2 questions. What are my chances for D.O. schools (D.O. was my goal over allopathic anyway)? Also, I heard that if I retake the MCAT and do not improve it will worsen my chances of getting in than if I just apply with what I have...is that true? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. emaj1n

emaj1n M1

Medical Student
    "You've got mail."

4. TCNJ

Pre-Medical
    thanks for the e-mail...i replied with more details :)