Need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

happyfishaha

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello guys, I just got a job from the Shopper's Drug Mart summer student program (in Canada). Since the store is pretty far away from where I live, I am just wondering if it is possible to negotiate with them about my time of the shift? This is my first pharmacy job, so I am just not sure if it will look really bad to ask for a schedule change. Thank you so much for the advice!

- Happyfishaha
 
Hello guys, I just got a job from the Shopper's Drug Mart summer student program (in Canada). Since the store is pretty far away from where I live, I am just wondering if it is possible to negotiate with them about my time of the shift? This is my first pharmacy job, so I am just not sure if it will look really bad to ask for a schedule change. Thank you so much for the advice!

- Happyfishaha

work what they ask you to work...dont be a douche bag and start asking for different shift times...that would piss me off...im just saying...
 
when you applied there should have been a spot that listed your availability...its too soon to deviate from that. especially if they have a "trial period" where they can fire you for diddly squat
 
Thank you for the advice!
This program is a head office program (I am paid by the head office), so it is not the store that directly hires me....So I didn't put down my availability at the store....Actually, they haven't told me my schedules yet....so I am just thinking if I should ask them the possiblity for a change in shift time when they tell me the schedules...But I guess it isn't a good idea!