Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phnewbie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone please offer me advice as to which post-bac programs I would be eligible to apply for. I am 3 years out of undergrad and my grades suffered from a chronic illness. I have 2 years full-time research experience. My cGPA is 3.0 and science is 2.7. Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can apply to almost any SMP.

3.0 is bottom end of competitive and is the cut-off for most schools, so you won't get much love from the super competitive ones.

The deadlines are fast approaching so you should get on it if you want to start in Sept.

Read the SMP thread for some summaries and descriptions of where to apply. Once you have a few places in mind, find their threads and ask any questions in there. Some of them are pretty active threads and you'll often get solid info in them

I agree with Rob's post for the most part but take into consideration that alot of SMP programs have a minimum of 3.0 in both cGPA and sGPA. Do some research on which ones you want to apply to.

Would you recommend the MHS at Hopkins for a post bac?