Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smartcat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking Organic Chem. II and lab classes. I am not doing well in either class... I have been scoring lower than the mean on every exam or lab report. I am a junior right now, and I wanted to apply for the upcoming cycle.

Is it feasible for me to drop these two classes and take them in the summer AND still apply on time? What I mean is... are you required to have all of your pre-req's done by the time you apply and can I still apply even though I did not complete those pre-req's?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently taking Organic Chem. II and lab classes. I am not doing well in either class... I have been scoring lower than the mean on every exam or lab report. I am a junior right now, and I wanted to apply for the upcoming cycle.

Is it feasible for me to drop these two classes and take them in the summer AND still apply on time? What I mean is... are you required to have all of your pre-req's done by the time you apply and can I still apply even though I did not complete those pre-req's?

Answer = no. The application cycle takes 1 year, so they underestand that you might be taking some of your pre-reqs during this "off year"

You do realize that a summer term of organic chemistry is very fast pasted (2x times faster than normal fall/spring semesters).... so if your not doing well now, you might wanna reconsider this plan

I agree w/ dentalworks. Orgo 2 over the summer will be insanely fast-paced compared to what you are in now. If you aren't doing well in this one I probably wouldn't try it over the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
look I was in a similar situation as well. I took Ochem 1 in the fall had to retake it in the spring, and then registered for Ochem 2 for the summer. If you dont understand it now granted summer will go a lot faster, but it depends on the instructor you have. I think you can do it. If you want to get in2 D school you'll Pretty much have to GET IT DONE! You might have a great instructor over the summer who you'll actually learn and understand what he/she is teaching so dont be so negative. Lastly, think of it like this, in D school, is you miss out on a class it just might set u back a year so be deligent and have that same outlook anddont be afraid of the class.