kkim85

7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2009
Status
Dental Student
I just recieved an e-mail from NYU saying that I'm waitlisted...

I really liked the school and it is one of my top choices...

Is there any other things I could do other than just sitting and waiting?

Thank you in advance.

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
At this point in the cycle, unfortunately there's really not a whole lot you can change in the near future to push you over into acceptance, you just need some things to fall your way. The only thing I would suggest is to write a brief letter to the director or assistant director of admissions telling them your preference for the school and all the reasons, make it sound genuine and if they ever come across your file again it may put a personal touch on your application. Cant hurt and really the only thing you can do at this point. Good Luck.

pacific2013

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Did you send NYU your academic update if you are still enrolled in school? I would continue to do so for last quarter/semester and the soon-ending quarter/semester. I heard at UNLV interview that Adcom don't even realize the update unless mentioned by the applicants. I would also keep in contact with NYU and know the admissions people as I heard there is a lot of movement from past years after April 15th or whenever the 2nd deposit is due and also during the summer.

sfrice80

Blood, Sweat, and Beers
Jun 11, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Status
Dental Student
Im pretty sure the academic update is officially closed on AADSAS for this cycle.