ATN

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2007
Status
Optometry Student
I almost cried my eyes out after NBEO Part II today. I ran out of time to input a huge amount of answers to the scantron sheet when the proctor called time up. I don't know what to do now. Any advice is appreciated! Btw, if anyone knows, how many times of nbeo exam that we are allowed to take for each part? Will the school make us students repeat certain number of year in optometry school? That would be a disaster.

msjang

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2007
Michigan
Status
Optometry Student
this is what i heard from my professors recently: in years past, nbeo offered a transcription service where you pay someone to transfer all of your answers onto the scantron. however, starting with boards part I in march 2011, they are stopping this service. so you may still have a chance. ask if this service is still available. but i wouldnt get my hopes up, prepare for the worst but hope for the best. Hey, you may have passed regardless of the answers you didnt fill in, you dont know until they release the scores :)

OP
A

ATN

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2007
Status
Optometry Student
Thank you for encouraging me, Msjang. I called today, and as you said, they don't have that service anymore. They stopped it this year. I just have to take it again then. Lesson learned!! and it hurts!

OP
A

ATN

10+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2007
Status
Optometry Student
Thank you for encouraging me, Msjang. I called today, and as you said, they don't have that service anymore. They stopped it this year. I just have to take it again then. Lesson learned!! and it hurts!

JMU07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2006
VA
Status
Optometrist
I think you can take each part a max of three times. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry you're in such a crappy situation... but keep your chin up, re-take it, and everything will work out! Good luck!